The fence installation is due to take place by the end of September, with a final eviction of the wetlands occupiers due shortly thereafter. We hope that this will go a long way to making the Sandton Sports Club into a facility that can be enjoyed by members without a concern for their wellbeing, and will contribute to a safer Parkmore.
2. On a similar topic, we are currently in negotiations with several security companies regarding professional guarding at the club. This will involve access control as well a perimeter patrols to ensure the integrity of its boundaries.
3. The tennis club is hosting a Family Day on 10 September. For all enquiries please contact our resident tennis coach, Ndu Ncube on 079 828 9624.
4. Travis Johnson, a South African triathlete, is conducting ‘track sessions’ at the Club for runners who are keen to get faster. The sessions take place on Wednesday and Friday mornings early. Anyone interested can contact Travis on 082 566 6170.
5. We are trying to establish SSC as a dog-friendly club, and know that several people already enjoy the facilities with their pets. However, please be conscious of other members when bringing dogs to the club – clean-up after them and ensure that they don’t disturb other patrons at the restaurant.
6. The AGM is scheduled to take place on Thursday, 27 October 2016. The Committee is in the process of preparing a report on the progress that has been made with the Club, its finances and the plans for its future. We should also be able to show you some images of the planned clubhouse, including the restaurant and kids play area. A formal notification will follow this newsletter.
Sandton Sports Club Committee
|BEAGLE CONTROL ROOM: 011 678 1972 www.beaglewatch.co.za|
|HGC Committee: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|Flying Squad: 10 111|
|Randburg SAPS vehicles: 071 675 7115 / 6|
City: 011 375 5911
ER24: 084 124
Netcare 911: 082 911
|Randburg Police: 011 449 9115 / 9110 / 9117 10111 for an emergency|
|Joburg Metro Police: 011 375 5911|
|Ward Councillor: 083 459 6152 Martin Williams firstname.lastname@example.org|
Joburg call centre:
Includes City Parks and Pikitup See Community Info --> Overview section for a full list of numbers
011 375 5555
|Electricity Issues: http://www.citypower.co.za and click "Fault Reporting" or on mobile http://citypower.mobi|
|Road Issues: email@example.com|
|Environmental Contraventions: 011 587 4232 1st point of contact for any issues arising from the Health Act (noise, restaurants, unsanitary backyards etc) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pollution: 011 226 8328 WisemanN@joburg.org.za|
|Revenue Queries: 011 375 5555|
|Traffic Signs and Markings: Jurie Swart JRA - Assistant Manager, Traffic Signs and Markings section for Region B email@example.com|
|Region B Contacts and Information: http://hurlingham.alpha.structureit.net/media/48375/Region-B.pdf|
|Building regulations: 011 407 6111|
|Eskom: 086 003 7566|