State of the City Address: Highlights
In his first State of the City Address, Mayor Herman Mashaba outlined key delivery successes achieved by the new DA-led administration since taking over in August 2016.
Mayor Mashaba asked residents to be patient as his new administration tackles years of neglect, incorrect priorities, decay and mismanagement in Johannesburg.
He showed that a new approach is getting results:
· An extra R88 million will help the war on potholes – 17 696 were fixed in March alone.
· The City is recruiting & training 1 500 more JMPD police officers to keep our communities safe.
· R49 million will be spent on more Pikitup cleaning shifts.
· The new Anti-corruption Unit has exposed an estimated R2 billion in fraud and corruption.
· 7 374 small businesses have been helped by the City’s SME Hubs since the DA took over – thousands more than under the ANC.
· The City’s new K-9 Narcotics Unit has declared a war on drugs – already taking hundreds of kilograms of drugs off our streets.
· 3 900 title deeds are being handed out so that residents can own their own homes – not one was handed out by the ANC in 2013/14.
· After the success of a pilot project, six clinics now have extended operating hours –being open at night, on weekends and public holidays.
· For the first time in Jozi’s history, there is a fair housing list with the names of 152 000 residents on it – 1 841 homes will be finished in 2017/18.
Together with its coalition partners, the DA-led City of Johannesburg plans to spend 60% of its 2017/18 budget on traditionally poor and underserviced areas.
More exciting things are in store as eGoli is transformed into a caring city that works!
|BEAGLE CONTROL ROOM: 011 678 1972 www.beaglewatch.co.za|
|HGC Committee: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com|
|Flying Squad: 10 111|
|Randburg SAPS vehicles: 071 675 7115 / 6|
City: 011 375 5911
ER24: 084 124
Netcare 911: 082 911
|Randburg Police: 011 449 9115 / 9110 / 9117 10111 for an emergency|
|Joburg Metro Police: 011 375 5911|
|Ward Councillor: 083 459 6152 Martin Williams firstname.lastname@example.org|
Joburg call centre:
Includes City Parks and Pikitup See Community Info --> Overview section for a full list of numbers
011 375 5555
|Electricity Issues: http://www.citypower.co.za and click "Fault Reporting" or on mobile http://citypower.mobi|
|Road Issues: email@example.com|
|Environmental Contraventions: 011 587 4232 1st point of contact for any issues arising from the Health Act (noise, restaurants, unsanitary backyards etc) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pollution: 011 226 8328 WisemanN@joburg.org.za|
|Revenue Queries: 011 375 5555|
|Traffic Signs and Markings: Jurie Swart JRA - Assistant Manager, Traffic Signs and Markings section for Region B email@example.com|
|Region B Contacts and Information: http://hurlingham.alpha.structureit.net/media/48375/Region-B.pdf|
|Building regulations: 011 407 6111|
|Eskom: 086 003 7566|